A downloadable Typoman for Windows and macOS
Typoman is a puzzle platformer. You slip into the role of a character made of letters, struggling to make your way through a dark and hostile world. Despite your small stature you have a powerful gift: You can craft words which will have an effect on the environment. But choose your words wisely - they can either be a blessing... or a curse!
- Wield the power of altering the world by by creating, changing or destroying words
- Solve ingenious and challenging puzzles with a unique aesthetic mix of typography and pen & ink graphics
- Captivating, carefully drafted, on-the-fly told story using witty word puzzles and puns
- Surreal, atmospheric game world
- Distinct soundtrack specifically composed for the game
Awards & Recognition
- Featured at Indie Game Revolution, EMP Museum, Seattle
- Best Production, German Video Game Awards 2016, Munich
- Finalist Indie Prize 2016 Showcase, Casual Connect Europe 2016, Amsterdam
- Best Casual Game, Game Connection Development Awards 2015, San Francisco
- Nominee for Best Game, Best Indie Game, Best Sound, Best Game Design, Best Console Game, German Dev Awards 2015, Cologne
- Winner Best Art Style, Gaming Trend's Best of E3 2015 Awards, Los Angeles
- Winner Best of Quo Vadis 2015 (Sponsored by Google), Best of Quo Vadis Show, Berlin
- Nominee Best Indie Game, gamescom award 2015, Cologne
Minimum System Requirements
Windows 7+ / Mac 10.9 / 64bit, CPU 2x 2 Ghz; 4 GB RAM; Intel HD 4000 / GTX 710; 1 GB HDD
|Release date||Aug 14, 2016|
|Tags||2D, Atmospheric, indie, Side Scroller, Story Rich, Surreal, typography, Word game, words|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Japanese, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Facebook, Steam, Soundtrack|
In order to download this Typoman you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I played this on my ps4 and wii U and i absolutely loved all of it, the end gave me chills. 10/10
I've just played the prologue, and think the game is really clever. I like the way that it's animated too. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't control the lever with L, but no complaints other than that.
I did a let's play that has some of my more in-the-moment thoughts:
Love the visual style bruh!